The pages below contain important information regarding the Uniting Church’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak, as well as policies which have been put in place at Tuggeranong Uniting Church in order to protect our congregation and community, and provide ongoing spiritual and pastoral support at this time:
Click here to read a pastoral letter from Reverend Elizabeth Raine.
Click here to read the response from the Canberra Region Presbytery.
Click here for basic preventive measures against COVID-19 infection.
Tuggeranong Uniting Church has suspended all our public activities until further notice. The following activities will be put on hold:
- Our worship services, including our Sunday church services and Rainbow Christian Alliance.
- Red Dove Preloved Clothing outlet
- Our connect groups and ministries
- Our bible studies
- Our church meetings
Our church will be following the restrictions put in place by the Australia Government Department of Health in regards to weddings an funerals. The restrictions are as follows:
- Weddings can be conducted with no more than five people, including the couple, the celebrant and the witnesses. The 4 square metre rule and social distancing must be observed.
- Funerals must be limited to no more than 10 people. The 4 square metre rule and social distancing must be observed.
- For more information on the restrictions on public gatherings please visit the Department of Health website by clicking here.
The Tuggeranong Uniting Church Office will continue to be open during office hours (Tuesday to Friday from 10:00am to 1:00pm). Please contact Kerry in the office if you have any questions or concerns, or require support or assistance.
Please continue to take all possible personal precautions to keep yourself and your loved ones healthy and safe, and follow all recommendations provided by medical and health officials.